Monday, January 3, 2011

THIS POST IS FROM ROOM REMIX - THE BLOG .

BHG.com

There is something so exciting about the start of a new year, isn't there?  Failures, disappointments and missed goals are all "so last year", and we get the chance to start new!
BHG Decorating Magazine Spring/Summer 2010  Photo Werner Straube

Of course, the possibility of starting new is actually ours every new minute that we're alive (we don't always remember that), but the new year is just so much more defined. A clean slate - a fresh start. Hope...


DIY HEADBOARD from Style at Home
I have this saying on a plaque that sits on one of my bookshelves. I intentionally put it in a spot where I would see it every day. It's just a little reminder to look ahead, pursue my dreams, to not give up, to keep a positive attitude.


I have to say that, like many of you, I am so hopeful for this year to come. I'm extremely curious to find what it will bring, so excited realizing it's possibilities. Excited knowing that while I am ultimately not in control of life, I can control my attitude, my focus, and my motivation, all which will directly affect this year's outcomes.

Modern Thread Etsy Shop
My hope for this year is...
  1. to make it our best year ever.
  2. To take the lessons we've learned in the past year and apply them.
  3. To set goals and achieve them, and yet not get so wrapped around achieving goals that we forget to savor every sweet little minute of life. Every ordinary and not-so-ordinary moment of every day.
  4. To keep in the forefront of our minds the things that are truly important to us and let their priority be equivalent to the amount of time and thought we give to them.

Calico Corners Designer Annie Selkie

I really do think this is going to be a good year, don't you?
BHG.com

So what does Honeysuckle have to do with any of this? :-)

Atlanta Homes Magazine Photo Jeff Herr

Another thing that is fresh and new each year is Pantone's Color of the Year. 

This year they've chosen Honeysuckle, which they describe as a "a dynamic reddish pink that is encouraging and uplifting.. Honeysuckle emboldens us to face everyday troubles with verve and vigor... a captivating, stimulating color that gets the adrenaline going".

Thibaut
Now that's a lot of credit and responsibility to give to a color, but I have to confess looking at it puts a smile on my face and brightens my day just a tish. :-) And I chose it for this hopeful start of the new year just for that reason.


Bright, fresh, cheerful... (can a color be hopeful?)
Designer Steven Gambrel via myhomesideas.com Photo Tria Giovan
I don't plan on buying new honeysuckle furniture (even though it looks awesome in this room)...
Traditional Home

Or repainting my walls pink...
SF Gate

but a pop of it here and there,

DIY Felt Suzani Pillow from Design Sponge

might just be the perfect thing to brighten a cold, snowy Minnesota winter day.
Amanda Nisbet
  Of course, I could always just come back and look at this post... :-)

BHG Magazine January 2009

As I said in my Happy New Years post, I really do hope this is your best year ever! What are you most excited about for the coming year? (oh. and what's your opinon of honeysuckle?)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts